Dr. Ewald Nelken GmbH
- founded in 1903
- 2500 m2 production area at 2 locations
- more than 40 employees
- no subcontractors and only experienced skilled workers and service technicians
- own flexible delivery service
- Development partner of plant and mechanical engineering and automotive / OEM
- Construction in two locations with SolidWorks
- certified since 1997 according to DIN ISO 9000
- 24-hour hotline at plant shutdown
Our story begins in 1903 - with a battery for mining. Ewald Nelken I. begins trading in NIFE steel batteries. It was followed by the first steel construction work and in 1920 the first series products for mining. The production grew and the children of the founder decided to divide the company into trade and production. This is how the companies Nelken & Co. Essen and Dr. Ing. Ewald Nelken oHG emerged. The structural changes in the mining and metallurgical sectors repeatedly changed the emphasis in production, from rail connectors to copper contact plates to cable suspensions and the construction of special metal construction solutions.
In 1962, the first inductor for the tempering of steel pipes was developed in cooperation with Mannesmann Roehrenwerke. The subject of inductive heating inspired us - and many customers with us. The tasks grew and the production area quickly became too small. So in 1968 we decided to build a bigger hall. Since no suitable building ground was found in Essen, we moved to the neighboring town of Muelheim in the new industrial park at the Rhine Ruhr harbor. The production halls in Muelheim were expanded in 1986 and 2008.
In 1992, the southern branch was founded in Heidenheim an der Brenz - between Aalen and Ulm in Baden Wuerttemberg. Numerous customers from the south of the country and the neighbors from Switzerland, Austria and France appreciated the short distance and fast reaction times. In 1999, we built our own production hall in Heidenheim, which was expanded in 2011.
Today we are a full service provider for inductive heating. With our partner, DM Montage- und Induktionsservice GmbH in Remscheid, we cover all requirements of preventive and acute maintenance. From the annual maintenance of the converter, to the short-term repair in case of failure, to the renewal of the cooling water hose and the general overhaul and new manufacture of inductors, material guide tubes and busbars.
In addition, we accompany you in challenging and consulting-intensive projects around inductive heating, from the idea to the commissioning of complex production lines.
The quality of a product is decisive for the image of a company. Our goal is to serve satisfied regular customers in the long term. To achieve this goal, quality plays a crucial role in our production processes. Before and during production, all articles are accompanied by work instructions and thoroughly checked before the goods are dispatched. With the delivery documents, our customers receive test instructions that document in detail the measured values of the incoming and outgoing inspections.
In order not only to sustain our quality of service in the long term, but also to permanently expand it, we have set up a process-structured quality management system according to the international standard DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 since 1997
In addition to our quality assurance guidelines, environmental protection plays an important role. The use of Euro and reusable packaging for plant transports is just as much a matter of course as the professional disposal of all non-organic products.
- Operation of the company location in accordance with all statutory and regulatory requirements and licensing permits
- Working according to all applicable environmental regulations
- Considering the latest technologies also from an environmental point of view in the procurement of new plants or modernization of existing plants while maintaining economic feasibility
- Consideration of neighborhood interests
- Reduction of environmentally detrimental factors
- Constant work in harmony with resource and energy saving production
- Use of water and energy-saving systems, for example of waterflow test bench in a rotating circuit.